- Use Google, Bing, or other preferred search engine to locate trusted NTP time servers. These are typically provided by government or other network organizations.
- Log onto the domain controller with administrative credentials and launch a command prompt
- Stop the time service with the following command: net stop w32time
- Enter the following command to configure the NTP time servers: w32tm /config /syncfromflags:manual /manualpeerlist:”time server 1, time server 2, time server 3” then hit enter.
For example: w32tm /config /syncfromflags:manual /manualpeerlist:”0.us.pool.ntp.org 1.us.pool.ntp.org 2.us.pool.ntp.org 3.us.pool.ntp.org”
The command should complete successfully.
- Inform the domain controller that these are trusted server with the following command: w32tm /config /reliable:yes
- 6. Restart the time service: net start w32time
- Review the results by entering: w32tm /query /configuration
- Ensure the settings are the desired ones.
- w32tm /resync. Then close the command prompt. The NTP servers have now been configured.