What is Managed VOIP Phone Service?
Managed VOIP phone service is a general term that is used to describe business VOIP phones that provide the use, easy implementation, and management of telephone services. This is then done through the use of the internet. Simply put, business owners now have the choice to benefit from cloud-based VOIP services without having to worry about hiring additional employees for its management and running of its IT systems.
There are two types of managed VOIPs namely: Managed VOIP PBX’s, and internet provisioning for VOIP.
What’s the Difference Between an Old Onsite PBX Service and a Managed VOIP Phone Service?
PBX Phone System
PBX or Private Branch Exchange is a private telephone network that is utilized inside of a company or an organization. A PBX system allows users to communicate internally (that is within the company) and externally (to the outside world). This system would require a physical server to act as the “brain” to the network that carries voice signals in and out of the company.
More often than not this brain is located within the company premises, in which the PBX system can also run on either VOIP, ISDN, and even analog. Standard features of PBX include transfer calls, call recording, voicemail, interactive voice menus, and call queues. Here are some details on the advantages and disadvantages of using PBX as a business phone system.
For the moment, this type of phone system is the standard choice for small businesses, which is incidentally rapidly changing at the time of this writing.
Disadvantages of PBX
- System goes down in an event of a power outage.
- Overall costs, in the long run, are much higher when compared to managed VOIP.
- If the server or “brain” of the system is on-premise or on location, it can go down and bring the whole system to an outage if a power failure occurs in the place where it is situated.
- Cards are required to run each hardware which could be fairly expensive when expanding.
- For any update, the user/client might have to pay more for a manual upgrade or purchase new system hardware altogether, which can be costly.
- Calls can only be made from one line per caller
In contrast, Managed VOIP service providers only charge a monthly fee based on the total number of phones on your system. Everything else is managed from the cloud. Since there is no large hardware investment, it is safe to say that a managed VOIP for businesses costs much lower than a self-owned IP BX.
Additionally, since a managed VOIP is a pre-configured system, you will enjoy unlimited minutes and a standard set of phone features such as auto-attendant and call forwarding. It generally offers a lower up-front cost and is easy to set up. No man-hours from your end are lost when maintenance is due since it will be taken care of by the provider.
Advantages of Managed VOIP Phone Service
- The initial cost of setting up the system is significantly lower
- Calls can be made and received from the company phone to your desktop, mobile phone, tablet/ iPad, and even your laptop.
- Advances in technology allow this system to support a company with multiple locations without having to set up hardware for every location.
- In case of power failure, the client/user can still continue calls with redundancy features.
- Telecommute or traveling employees can be supported.
- System is cloud-based, which makes it agile and versatile, ready for any upgrade or changes in technology.
- No cost to upgrades and updates which are automatically done on a regular basis.
- No busy signals. Incoming calls will always get a greeting.
Disadvantages of Managed VOIP Phone Service That We Can Help With
- Most Managed VOIP providers would just ship you the hardware and have your employees set it up themselves. They would have to teach themselves on how to work and maintain it.
- Most large VoIP providers don’t offer local customer support., but don’t worry – we can help.
- There is a chance that call quality may degrade due to multiple users. Therefore, it has to be properly managed to avoid limiting call quality.
Advantages of Using Cloud Phone Systems
Advanced Features are Now Available for Small Businesses
In the past, only big businesses were able to enjoy advanced calling features since it required expensive hardware. Due to advances in IT cloud-based phone systems are now able to offer almost the same advanced features to startups and small businesses. This then affords the client more reach and flexibility at very little cost, if any.
Now, small businesses can have call queues and hold callers while front liners attend to customers. Softphones, mobile phone calls as well as video conferencing are now available. This is virtually from any point in the world where there is the internet. Even as your customers are in a queue you can broadcast your information about your products and make important announcements. This is while your customers waiting to be served.
A cloud phone system can grow and accommodate your company’s communication needs seamlessly.
What are the Overall Benefits of Using Managed Hosted VOIP Service?
• It requires no maintenance
The provider will be doing the necessary monitoring, troubleshooting, and updating of systems.
• Reduced risk
The provider will secure your information data and back it up as necessary, safely.
There is very little physical system architecture to maintain which lessens the odds of an outage. This helps in avoiding downtime for your business.
Advance features and technology makes it easy for the user to adopt and use. The managed service frees up staff and resources, completely managed by the service provider.
The Cloud system is expandable and agile, capable of growing with you and your business as needed. You will have global reach with no geographical limitations.
• Low Cost
Since minimal hardware is needed, you will just need a small capital for the install. Apart from low monthly expenses due to cloud capability, multiple users are also allowed on a single line. The system ensures hassle-free business with the inclusion of email access and fast cloud computing processes. No more additional costs for video conferencing from your mobile phone company.
• No busy signals and missed calls
Incoming calls / callers will never get a busy signal.
Some Downsides to Using Managed VOIP Service That We Can Help With
• Client/User has little to no knowledge of how the system really works. No worries, we can handle the initial setup and any additions later on.
We recommend Talkroute
If you are an owner of a growing business and you are looking to upgrade to Managed VOIP phone services, Talkroute may just be your best option as a business phone partner. The company can take care of your telephone needs to maintain and enhance your customer service processes.
With Talkroute you can:
• Make and receive calls from virtually anywhere with any smartphone or desktop.
Just download the app and you will be capable of an enterprise-level phone system that will allow you advanced features without additional expensive hardware.
• Use Text Messaging to talk to your customers
Statistics show that 68% of consumers would prefer text messaging on initial contact. 85% of customers would like to receive text messages rather than a phone call or email. Lastly, 53% of clients feel positive towards companies that respond to text messaging. By using this statistical info you will give your business an edge over your competitors.
• Create Extensions for your employees
Regardless of how many employees you have Talkroute can provide extensions for each and every one of them. It will help to make sure that your customers get routed to the right specialist or department.
• Simplify Voicemail Features
You can now check your voicemail from your email, apps, and even on your browser. Always updated on any voicemail that you receive and never worry about missing one. You can customize your greetings, create separate mailboxes for departments and team members, and phone numbers as well. It has no limit in storage and can be deactivated at any time whenever necessary.
• Go Global
With the world literally within your reach, you can route incoming calls anywhere by sending calls to your customers via their laptop or desktop. You can also forward your calls to any U.S. or Canada landline, including the VOIP phone. If your phone number is active Talkroute can make it ring.
The features described above are just a few of the many offered by Talkroute in its managed VOIP phone for business service. Inclusive of these are phone number offerings such as toll-free numbers, 800 numbers, vanity numbers, local numbers, and number porting. Standard features are available too, such as call forwarding, call menus, call stacking, custom greetings, call recording, caller ID, and so much more.
Is It Suitable for Your Business?
Talkroute is best for new businesses that will benefit from a provider that is willing to assist in setting up a managed VOIP phone system. This is for the purpose of helping out that business expand and grow. After signing up Talkroute will handle the service setup and phone service transfer. Once setup Talkroute will then be able to map out and execute the support that the client would require as the company adds more assets. All the while simultaneously increasing the client’s communications capability.