The 21st century has revolutionized absolutely everything, and there has been a drastic shift to digital platforms. Like it or not, we need to evolve with the radical changes in technology. The changes have made transactions, online purchases and banking hassle-free. However, there has been an increase in the probability of data breach and identity theft. It is necessary to embrace identity security and monitoring of your personal data.
What is identity theft?
It is when fraudsters gain access to your personal information and use it illegally. The fraudsters can obtain your name, address, credit card number and social security number. Such information is critical in acquiring loans, purchasing assets, filing for tax returns and crime involvement using your data.
Importance of identity security and monitoring.
Identity protection is often disregarded, but it is vital. Identity IQ is a company dedicated to ensuring your personal information is well guarded against fraudsters. In the eventuality that theft has already occurred, they provide that you can recover your data as soon as possible.
The following are the significant reasons to protect your identity:
• The rise in cyber crimes
The probability of fraudsters gaining your personal information without your knowledge is high due to the increase in cyber crimes. Such occurrences can be mitigated by ensuring your data protection system is not vulnerable to unauthorized third parties.
Identity IQ ensures that you have the right knowledge to set up the best identity security and monitoring in your system. In case the misfortune occurs, they will help in the data recovery process.
• Increase in online transactions
In this modern era, people are shifting from face to face transactions and opting for online purchases. Even banks are now encouraging their clients to embrace online banking. Although online platforms are easy to access and less time consuming, they pose the risk of data theft.
Once you fill in your details online, the chances of fraudsters accessing that sensitive data are tremendously high. Some even have illegal websites, and you may unknowingly share your information with them. It is essential to ensure you have the correct measures to protect your data.
• Social media accounts
Social media platforms are storming the world, and their presence will not stop any time soon. In those platforms, there is an increase in the sharing of information which may fall into the wrong hands. It is important to have measures for identity security and monitoring.
• Use of data in the dark web
A large part of the dark web are illegal sites that fraudulent people can gain access through your personal information. If various authorities discover the entrance to that site, then you are at risk of facing the consequences. Despite people ignoring the importance of keeping their data private, failure to do that can unwillingly land you in the hands of the authorities.
Credit scores and reports
Credit scores and reports illustrate your financial position and your ability to settle debts. These reports indicate your obligations to creditors and how well you are meeting those obligations. This factors your credit score or rating. Such information is essential to lenders in the determination of the amount of loan you qualify for.
When fraudsters gain access to such information, they can use it to approach lenders and obtain a loan in your name. Such events can lead to bad credit rating, as you are unaware of the existence of the loan. A bad credit rating only means that lenders cannot give you loans in the future until you pay up the outstanding loan and improve your rating.
Additionally, such information can be used to purchase various things online. You may notice irregularities in your credit card that you cannot account for. The banks may not be able to monitor all transactions under your name; they will only assume that you are the one making the transactions. Another reason obtaining a identity security and monitoring service is essential to perform professional credit scores and report monitoring.
How Identity IQ can assist you
- Keep track of your credit scores and reports. If your credit scores and reports drastically change, it simply means someone has obtained a loan in your name. Identity IQ will update you on such occurrences and follow up on the issue immediately.
- A way to monitor your credit score. If your credit rating is low and you want to improve it, Identity IQ can assist you. You can keep track of the improvements in your credit rating in a hassle-free manner.
- Access to recent credit reports. Online reports are current and 100% up to date. You can obtain up to date credit reports. The updated credit reports can give you insights on your current financial position and various debts under your name. Helping manage finances professionally.
Importance of monitoring and keeping your credit rating high
- Access to lender financing: A high credit rating enables you to access the funding from various lenders. A high credit score will profoundly impact the chances of loan approval.
- Liquidating assets: If you wish to liquidate your assets such as a house a high credit rating is useful.
- To secure your future options: Even though you may not want to acquire a loan today, the future is uncertain. In the coming few years, you may require to obtain a loan to fund a given project. Identity security and monitoring will help protect your possible future endeavors.
- To obtain hard money: Most lenders will investigate your credit rating to examine whether you qualify for the hard cash. Constant monitoring gives you the right information about your score before you approach your various lenders.
- Helps in revealing previous personal payment: You will be made aware if there have been any unauthorized payments in your name.
When unauthorized third parties gain access to your information, such incidences can harm you in a significant way. Due to the progression in technology, the probability of such occurrences is rising by each day. Having the best identity security and monitoring systems is a life saver.
How does data breach occur?
- Access to vulnerable systems: If you are still using analogue systems to save your personal data then data breach is bound to happen. Upgrading to diverse and sophisticated systems is one to mitigate such risks.
- Utilization / implementation of weak passwords: Passwords that are easy to compromise makes your system vulnerable to the data breaches. It is essential to avoid using passwords such as your name, year of birth or name of your spouse because they are easy to guess.
- Malware attacks: Some fraudsters can encourage you to install the malware in your system. Such malware can be used to access and collect personal date from your system.
- Email phishing: Another common trick to access to your data. You should avoid clicking links on emails that seem fishy.
How Identity IQ can assist you in the event of a data breach
- Ensure there is the installation of proper protective software
- Real time monitoring and alerts notify you immediately in case of any data breach.
- Assist you in recovering your data
- Equip you with the knowledge to mitigate the chances of a data breach
Security awareness training
Many people are not aware of the best practices to eradicate cyber crime vulnerabilities in their system. Its critical to equip yourself with regular security awareness training and Identity IQ is the best company to offer just the best training.
Objectives of Identity IQ security awareness training
- Enhances the integrity of the system: Most vulnerabilities in the system occur due to failure of the existing software. Installation of security proof systems will ensure that confidentiality of information is possible.
- Training on the best practices: Assists to keep you up to date with the best security practices that can mitigate cyber crimes. You will be well versed with the necessary measures of protecting the various networks and personal information from unauthorized third parties.
- Detection of any breach: Once fraudsters, unfortunately, gain access to your system, you will receive immediate notification. It will give you the advantage to manage such attacks before the attackers cause damage.
- Provision of necessary tools and resources to curb cyber crimes.
- A high level of identity security and monitoring measure awareness.
Identity IQ is an identity security and monitoring service provider that ensures your personal data has the best protection against cyber crimes. They aim at providing high-skilled expertise identity security and monitoring services to all their clients at an affordable rate. Also, they aim at offering a versatile group of services such as credit rating protection, security awareness protection, identity theft protection, among others.
Their reliability and experience in the identity security field make them the best and most reliable partner for your identity protection.